What is Lasik?
Lasik is acronym for Laser-Assisted in-Situ Keratomileusis. It is a type of refractive surgery for the correction of short- sightedness (myopia), far-sightedness (hyperopia) and astigmatism. It is used to correct your vision by reshaping your eyes’ cornea to improve the way light passes through and adjust how the eye focuses.
While Lasik is more known, there is also another type of laser assisted surgery called LASEK. It is not a typo error. LASEK stands for Laser-Assisted Sub-epithelial Keratomeliusis. It aims for the same result as LASIK but differs slightly on how the surgeon reaches the mid-layer of the cornea to reshape it.
Why choose Lasik procedure?
Lasik procedure is the most popular vision correction surgery not only in Singapore but in the world and is proven to be one of the safest. Lasik eye surgery procedure is a highly effective treatment. In fact, according to the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, there is a 95.4% patient satisfaction rate among lasik patients. However, it is not suitable for everyone. There are many factors to consider before undergoing lasik treatment. Fortunately, Zed Lasik’s highly-skilled lasik specialists offers consultation with no-obligation and comprehensive tests to determine which procedure is right for you.
But if you are still hesitant to consult, here are some points to consider :
- Age. Ideal age for best result is over 21 years old .
- Have you tried glasses or contact lenses and you feel burdened by it?
- Know your medical history. It is important that you know your medical condition. You need to inform your surgeon about them.
- Lifestyle. If you are into contact sports or hobbies like boxing, etc. you might need further consultation.
- Find a reputable eye centre. A reputable clinic like ZedLasik will never give you poor quality service and treatments. Your safety is always our top priority along with great results and satisfaction.
There are many more factors to take in consideration before undergoing Lasik eye surgery procedure and most of it are best assessed by our experienced lasik specialists.